I’m sure if you looked for it, you could find a ton of no-meat chili recipes on the net. But, I enjoy trying things out for myself and experimenting with my own sort of things. That is how I came up with this (simple) no meat chili recipe
4 Hour Body/Paleo mashup – Chili Non Carne
First why am I calling it a mashup? Because it has hallmarks of both slow carb and paleo. It has all the traditional chili seasonings but is straight up vegetarian. And, it was good!
- 1 29 oz can of black beans – drained
- 2 22 oz can of tomatoes and green peppers – drained (RoTel is an easy brand to use)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2″ chunks
- 2 tbsp sofrito (you can make your own with this recipe or buy Goya brand available at most supermarkets)
- 1 tbsp chili seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp adobo seasoning (again I use Goya brand)
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
This is difficult though so get ready to work… Take all of your ingredients, place in a 4qt or larger slow cooker and turn on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. Check toward the end of your time to make sure the potato has cooked (it will be very tender/melting) Honestly, it couldn’t be easier.
How was it?
I was skeptical because I’ve never been a fan of no meat chili – but, this turned out good and it really did taste great.
For those of us doing the 4HB strictly, you could easily subtract the sweet potato and sub in another small can or 12 oz of another preferred bean of your choice. Freezes/refrigerates well and I’ve used the leftovers with a few eggs as a quick breakfast.
**I apologize for not getting a pic**